Wednesday, July 20, 2022

The Flipside of A Creative Life



 "The fullness of life comes from an identity on giving and joy." ~ Mary Pipher

Everyday we awaken to a new slate - a chance to rewrite our story. With the seasons of change, we either find ourselves immersed in the throes of love and laughter, or the pain and regrets of our past.

If anything that the loss of my daughter has taught me, is that life can flip in an instant! I went from being a loving mother of the most unique, beautiful creative soul in my only child- to a Vilomah- the Sanskirt word for "a parent, whose child has died."


Throughout my ten years of sharing posts on my blogs, I've given my readers a genuine insight to my grief journey.

Days where my bereavement felt as if it would consume me whole- to times of beautiful releases- in the Heart 💖 Pebble Movement I created- to honour my daughter's passion for rockhounding.
Recently, I have been sharing more about my beloved babygirl. Without realizing it, the grief that is forever etched upon my heart, began to re-surface and I was triggered. Before I knew it, a wave of emotions and swells of tears began to pour forth.
Often, our souls that harbour our heartache, reminds us that we are only human- perfectly flawed and overfilled with emotions that can arise at any given time.


During the time spent where I am working seasonally for the summer, I've awoken to sailboats moored outside my window of the floating house, I reside in.
In my workplace, I enjoy asking visitors/ our guests, where they have sailed in from?  and where are they going to?
I am fascinated by the boating world and have held unto another book idea that dwells in the heart of those taken with the open sea.

Another wonderful encounter, was when
a customer named Holly Vivian came into the general store, to mail off some of her magnificently created postcards ❣️
I fell in love with her whimsical designs and inquired if I could get her to create a half dozen postcards, for myself.
Holly happily agreed and I shared my own personal website: 


.... for some inspiration :)

Holly is also on Instagram. 

I love other creative souls who tap into their own passions and breathe life into their destinations- whether created on pieces of paper or carved into wood- their creations come to life in the beautiful designs that are formed by their hands and vivid imaginations! 💖

In typing this, I've needed to take a day off, as I had an encounter with nature that saw my feet collide with a large protruding boulder- in the great outdoors!

As my body reminds me of my age, I am resting inside, while the sun shines all around me❣️

I continue to remind myself how in an instant the flipside of life, can occur.

A lovely local woman, has kindly offered her massage skills, in a few days when the tenderness leaves me...

Being a part of the world that seems to be in its own natural state  is such a blessing!


Today, I pre-purchased a ticket to an upcoming event, I will journey to attend.

Canadian Author and broadcaster, Grant Lawrence, will be sharing some of his brilliant stories~ collected and penned into his books.



As well, his beautifully talented wife, Jill Barber, will be performing/ singing.

Video Link: https://youtu.be/K8m6c9ON8fI

In checking out her music videos, I was enthralled by her silky smooth voice, with beautiful tones that are reminiscent of a cascading waterfall, pouring into the vast blue sea!

Where I am right now is meant to be...as I share about Sitka, I am now hearing- to my absolute delight- customers/visitors sharing they have heard of my novel, "Under the Sitka Tree."
This humbles me to a place of utmost gratitude, for keeping the 'pinky promise' to my late daughter, Shayla, has always been my intentions as her mother. 


Where I am, is a beautiful reminder that the door that was before me, I chose to open as wide as I can...to see me connect with other remarkable passionate beings, each who 
are finding ways to pursue their own lively dreams...

"Morning, I see You in the sunrise, every morning.
It's like a picture You've painted for me...
A love letter~ in the sky..."

- Chris Tomlin 'Nobody Loves Me Like You do.'

By TL Alton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment