Friday, July 15, 2022

My Fantasy Island




Hearing a floatplane, take off on the ocean blue, outside my window in the floating house I am staying in...is something so amazing and surreal, my eyes affix to the beautiful vision, before me! ~ TL Alton


Everyday I awaken, I feel as if I am living a dream and in many phenomenal ways I truly am!


Over a month ago, I answered a work ad that were looking for good reliable, friendly people to work as a team, in their remote general store.
When I say remote...it took me over half a day of driving,  a freight delivery truck, a skiff loaded with my belongings and three ferries to get here!

For I am blessed now, to be part of working within a fabulous team of others, serving a remote community of locals and boats of visitors- from all over the world!


They have come seeking peace and the pristine beauty of the area; a refuge where supplies and necessities, along with a variety of treats awaits them.

Reflecting on the past few months of constant upheaval, dealing with my stress  and health care, I have arrived into a Cove where even the birds seem to have a more inviting chipper.

As I write this, hummingbird birds are feeding off the sweetness offered in a hanging feeder, right outside my window.
Returning to the workplace, after many independent jobs, has seen me once again flourish in customer service! I love people...I love connections and I love to hear where people have sailed in from...and where they are going.

My previous work in caregiving, landscaping and as a house/pet sitter has seen me shine in a sector where nurturing is essential to me.

Not having any children or grandchildren, due to my daughter Shayla tragically passing away at 21, has left such a void in my heart and soul.
Now, as I serve a bevvy of delicious ice cream to wide-eyed children, I marvel at how I am able to extend beyond my customer service, to see the pure joy and smiles that greet me, as I scoop...and scoop 😀

Those that know me, also know I am an 'open book,' and much to my joy and gratefulness, my team leaders/ bosses have welcomed me sharing about my first novel I've written: "Under the Sitka Tree"

www.tlaltondesign.com

To my absolute delight, I've had many of a visitor share how a loved one or a friend they know, have lived in Ocean Falls, BC.
This is the small, once thriving community, which inspired the setting of my book.

As I have just completed five days of working in a wonderful general store and the most recently celebrated 50 years of Refuge Cove being established, I am in awe of all they offer and the fabulous services provided such as fuel, showers, laundry, food/supplies and a postal service!


On my first day off, I set out to do my part in keeping my newly shared space clean, as I am a person who does not get along well...with alot of germs.
This all said, when I arrived here, the floating house was wonderfully beyond my expectations! Freshly painted and outfitted with three bedrooms, an open kitchen/living room space and a bathroom...the old Atco trailer I once shared (working in the Provincial Parks) with a multitude of  characters...seems far more 'rustic' than my current, beautiful seasonal residence!
In bringing over what seemed like 'everything, but the kitchen sink'...today I re-aquainted myself with my Mr.Clean, Lysol and sanitizer spray...scrubbing every surface until sparkling ✨️ 😊
I made sure to keep open the many windows, to allow the brackish sea, to settle within the home, I share with a fellow co-worker :)

During my two days off, I plan to dive into my new book, which seems perfectly suited for my environment...

As I finish typing this, I think of the five, glorious days I spent on a magnificent acreage in Mission, BC, prior to me starting my job. 
At the owners/hosts beautiful 1904 place of residence,  I was treated to homemade meals, endless stories, and a fantastic array of song and guitar playing! A lovely chocolate lab named Cocoa, playfully brought me her frisbee to toss.

One of my first nights spent in the sprawling farm/ countryside, saw me sit in my camping chair, gazing up at the blanket of shimmering stardust that enveloped me!

In the past month up until now, I have found my self-worth again, a purpose in returning to serving others and a pure joy in making some amazing connections!

In serving up some ice cream, a visitor asked about my journey and I replied...
"I live a Nomad life."
Shortly after, another visitor named Chris  came back and inquired what it is like to live how I do?




To me...I am a constant traveler; a believer and empathetic soul...an explorer and vivid storyteller...one who is now both embracing this beautiful chapter of my life and finding my worth among people who are also 'living the dream.'




By TL Alton 



3 comments:

  1. What an amazing journey! So happy to see your energy had shifted and you’re on a new positive path :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps - this is Christopher, I couldn’t sign in.

      Delete
    2. Thank You Christopher so much for your kind words! Where I have found myself for the summer is absolute paradise 😍 ✨️❤
      Alot of fabulous inspiration for my writing!! 😁

      Delete