Tuesday, May 24, 2022

The Lessons We Carry




Where I am at right in this moment truly shines on the darkness of the shadows that follow me. 

I am letting the days unravel... settling into a place of unrest within. 

Surrounded by light, I breathe in through the cracks, seeking peace, shelter and better health and wellness. 

The following words are of great comfort as I process all that has unfolded in such a short matter of time. 

From the confines of my vehicle, as the neon sign flashes "All Are Welcome," my tired eyes hold the words and let them settle unto my weary heart. 

Recently, I removed my last two blog posts about Colin Newell, not because I was asked to or forced to do so...I did it as my point had been made very clear...that it does not require much too overtake a person's life...I KNOW... as it happened to me. 

At a previous place of shelter...I was greeted by the opposite sense of disconnection. A beautiful sanctuary, where the poster on the wall spoke volumes: 


I am reminded of the little four year old girl, who had no idea that over three decades,  she would endure  abuse, trauma and loss that were coming her way.
In my reflecting... every mistake I've ever made has been clearly written upon the wall...of my biggest regrets. 

Today, was no exception.  
As the heaviness of the anniversary of the grim and tragic discovery of unmarked graves- peppered with the scattered bones of Indigenous children- reminds us... as a country we are stained with the wounds, which flow from those, who had so much taken from them.  

As a nation, we need to come together collectively and unite with those, whose children's cries rises from the scorched earth... trodden on by the feet of those whose vows are now ripped apart by the ugly, tragic, truth of residential school abuse. 

To this day, much like the holocaust, there are those who deny these deadly secrets our world has harbored- ever happened! 

Yet, I've looked into the dark pools of emptiness that echoes generations of pain, mistrust and horrid abuse... among those scarred... generations later. 

Today, was also a painful reminder of those who deny the sufferings placed upon myself, growing up. 
Those who cannot fathom my journey, nor would have endured such misery. 
It is then I fold my hands in prayers, as I Am a child of God, who is reminded the Lord's heart breaks over these hortible things, which have taken place.


At 51 years of age, it is no longer my  responsibility to convince others of the hellfire I have walked through.

What is important... is that I acknowledge I sometimes miss the mark myself in understanding the mishapen paths of others. 
I get so wound up in my own heartache and sorrow that I sometimes forget,  others are also suffering.
Over the years, writing my endless posts and investigative articles, I've been given an insight to the darker side of things and the life lessons, it has taught me. 
 

So, as the golden arches near me, are a reminder of all those served...
I pause to reflect on the
 challenges of our fallen world and those
 residing in it...including me. 





By TL Alton 

 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment