Tuesday, March 1, 2022

My Deepest Love, for Ukraine

 



My heart is shattered, much like a basket of pysanky, fallen to the ground

The missiles, are wiping out future generations, of those whose lips have been silenced

As convoys carrying death, are streamlined across the world…

I am numb.

                           Frozen by images that embody the spirit of loss, spilling forth onto the daily news

I am deafened- by the unimaginable horror of a one-sided war- consumed by greed

5, 514 miles separates me from the two choices those families have to make…

Cages or Wings?

 

I ponder with sarcasm… how in only travelling 3, 212 miles…

I could be in the ‘Happiest place on earth’...

                               Yet, there is no joy found in bunkers, air sirens and in the loss of thousands of innocent lives…


As the droves of the true walking dead march onward toward hope

My connection to their world is lit up with carnage, sorrow and battle

These are the only options that now bleed into my social media

For them… surrender to the white, blue and red or trade in their lives for their wings?

I look at the cracked egg in my trembling hand and say a prayer, as I step forward

With my deepest love and support, along with others,…for Ukraine. 💞🌻🌻🌻



 

By Tonya Hancheruk 

No comments:

Post a Comment