Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Under the Sitka Tree~ Seeker of the Light

 

                                    My Inspiration for my book and A Promise to Keep 


I have spent my day creating a new website for my finished manuscript, that has been sent to a source, I can entrust my novel with. 

In creating my new website, there were decisions made as to whether I wanted to pull information or add to it. 

Yet, I wanted to share why I've, after all these years, I've simply not given up on the publication of my book. In between my daughter Shayla and my first novel, they were the closest companions, my whole world and what I loved on various levels. Of course Shayla, the girl with the golden heart, knew that for me...the sun shone upon her and through her. She was not perfect, but that suited me fine, as neither am I. Yet one thing she saw me work on daily, was my novel, Under the Sitka Tree. 

Today, after labouring for hours on creation of a new site, I went through some stumbles and many deletes, addition of images and paring of information. Yet, I would not give up. 

To some, they may see it as wasted time or what is the purpose...but in this world, it is what I have left connected to my daughter, who believed in me as her mother and a writer 💕

Through the two decades that Sitka has weathered- through storms and a trail of broken hearts- a mother's grief, I have not given up on the one beautiful connection where my late daughter's joy and love remain. 


For it is when we give up pursuing the one thing that is our passion, we give up shining our light within. 

I have kept all of the wonderful, kind words of others, and transferred them unto this new site on Weebly. I thank each of you for all of the connections, over the years. 

I now have a a possible publishing source and will not ever give up, even though it was easier to do so. However, the day I am able to hold my book in my hand, is the day I will have finally have kept my Promise to my beloved babygirl. 

Please feel free to check out my new website at: www.tlaltondesign.com

In my previous post, I shared Shayla's last journal entry- written only days before she passed away. 

If anyone questions my meaning, you only have to read her words to understand, she believed in the light, within all of us. 



By TL Alton



No comments:

Post a Comment