Sunday, February 23, 2020

Tender Mercies




As I prepare to write my first post on my blog for 2020, I knew in my heart, it would be dedicated to my beloved daughter, Shayla Rae Dawn XO Her 30th Birthday would have been tomorrow. Taken suddenly back in 2011, also were removed the blessings of me ever becoming a grandmother. This week I immersed myself deep in prayer, thinking of Shayla and how my life forever changed- because her life ended. Yet what blessings I have received over the years, extraordinary moments, see God reach out from the heavens and surround me with His love. 


I used to call Shayla my snowflake because she was infatuated with drawing them, cutting endless ones out of paper and hanging them all over the house. When she was younger, Shayla would put them on the window at anytime of the year. It was if her heart knew of things to come. When she left this earthly world, it was to be surround by ice. This use to be such a source of brokenness, but oh how I know she left the void of the darkness into the heavenly realm. 


The other night, I discovered a new song…not just any melody, but one that has a mother’s shining love interwoven within each word. For “Fall On Me” is about rising from the depths of despair, to look up and see this life is not the end! As I watched and listened, tears began to flow…however, not of sorrow...but of remembrance. There is great comfort, knowing someday, I will see my daughter again.



I made a special request from those I know… in celebrating Shayla, I asked for people to be creative and spell her name for me, take a snapshot and share. Tomorrow to see her name in various ways, is to be reminded of the 21 birthdays she celebrated! These were the Best years of my life, God gifted her and me!! 

On February 24th, 1990, my child graced my open arms with her beautiful presence. Sitting here listening to this song, the ending is a poignant reminder that our bonds remain ~ 

Everlasting!








Christina Aguilera, A Great Big World - Fall On Me...   https://youtu.be/ALYfY3py8QU



by TL Alton 

No comments:

Post a Comment