Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Rose Coloured Glasses

 


"The arc of creativity, is one that can be lit up at any moment in time, so much as to make an individual stop in an instant, grab anything to write, paint and compose- in order to retain its brilliance.

That is how the spark of creativity happens...it does not wait for an invitation to appear, nor does it let you rest...unless you let it breathe...by releasing it into our world." ~ TL Alton

Throughout my life, I have taken and also taught, several impacting courses that changed the course of my journey.
One such workshop I found myself a participant of, was on fear and trauma.

The corresponding link to each other, has been carefully dissected by Gabor Mate.

In my previous posts, I have referenced him often, as Gabor's research has shown the direct connection between stress and it's ill effects on our bodies.


In this workshop, I learned about always wearing 'rose-coloured glasses,' when we first meet someone, begin a new friendship, start a job or find ourselves in unfamiliar surroundings.

In viewing life through these tinted lenses, we embrace optismism; giving us a chance to be positive about something or someone.

This outlook, places everyone or aspect of daily living, on the same leveled playing field - as everthing else and opens us up to connecting with others, in a positive way. 

Therefore, each new individual I meet or encounter I have, is covered with pink hues of gratitude- until I remove them and the more realistic notions of who a person is or what the life experiences I have been immersed in- are exposed for what they truly are- good or bad- I do not pass judgements when first introduced. This allows me to see people as they should be viewed ~ without the mistake of 'judging a book, by its cover.'

As a mother, I passed onto my beloved daughter Shayla Rae Dawn, the same ideals and understanding of how powerful- yet misconstrued perceptions can be, when not wearing and viewing life, through the rose coloured glasses. 
I raised Shayla  to understand how key it is, to allow others to be who they are, as long as that does not negatively affect one another. 
This defined her outlook on those hurting and in need; in addition to carving out the path of wanting to help others, her pursuit of becoming a social worker allowed her to be the accepting, loving, free spirit she was. 


I've worn my own rise coloured glasses, in meeting new individuals, sharing in friendships, being introduced to co-workers, bosses and various work and living environments, along with relationships, in general.

Removal of them, often reveals a stark contrast where indeed as my Publisher, Leon Oldale, would share...
"perception is everything!"

I wholeheartedly agree!


A good example of stress on the body, is when every night I retreated to my small living space, in the floathouse I shared with others- the stress of my daily unhealthy situation, saw me clench and grind my teeth so badly that I would awaken -like clockwork- at 5am, to sore, aching gums and sensitive teeth.

Yet, I also arrived at work, wearing my rose coloured glasses, so as to offer a perception of daily joy, to those I happily served.


When my daughter tragically passed away, I felt Shayla remove her set of glasses and hand back to me in their place, a golden torch of compassion. One that burned so bright, it was a beacon of hope that helped me carry on, even in the most toxic of situations. 

My sweet Angel, Shayla Rae Dawn and her fierce Momma bear, Tonya 💖🦋💖

"Fight on Fighter"~ For King & COUNTRY


 
Even with my current circumstances, of sprawling beauty, solitude and a safe, healing environment; I know this is my 'temporary home', a place of transition~ before the next chapter unfolds and reveals itself. There are no expectations... As boundaries between landlord and tenant, have been firmly established. 


Often with my writing, I never really plan my next post on my blog...rather letting the words inside of me, begin with their stirrings...until I find myself overcome with all of their sentiments, needing to pour out and be shared. 

Ironically, I am writing this last post, prior to my next TEE Procedure for my heart- prior to me going to Vancouver General Hospital- to actually have it done.

I will let you, the reader, figure out the significance of that.

Due to me having this specific procedure before ( a whole year has already passed since having the first one done), I know what to expect.

As a result, I will put on my rose coloured glasses, one last time and let the powers that be...guide me through it 🙏🏻💖🦋✨️



*I dedicate this post to those targeted, to those shot and whose lives were abruplty taken in
 Langley, British Columbia~ for those the most vulnerable...there remains no justice. 💔💦💔

VIDEO LINK: "Flying Without Wings" ~ Westlife

By TL Alton 



No comments:

Post a Comment